- What are OPS's customer service hours?
- I want to begin accepting payments with credit cards. What kind of hardware do I need?
- I already have a credit card terminal; can I just reprogram it to work with OPS?
- What are the costs for your processing and other services?
- I want to start conducting transactions over the Internet. Do I need to set up a new account or can I just use my existing account?
- How long does it take to set up a merchant account?
- Am I liable for disputed transactions?
- How can I view my account information?
- How do I get my money?
- What does "MOTO" mean?
- Does my website have to be completed to get a merchant account?
- How much information will OPS need from a merchant to get started?
- Will I be able to accept all types of credit cards with OPS?
- Will my merchant account be approved with a processing limit?
Our customer service is open 9am to 3am 7 days a week. We're here and ready to help you whenever you call.
Many factors determine the kind of hardware you will need, including: type of merchant account you want to establish (e.g., ecommerce, retail or direct market), the type of industry you're in, how many transactions you have a day, type of transactions you'll be processing, how many locations your business has, etc. Once we have all of this information, we will be better able to advise you on the type of equipment you'll need to be able to process credit cards. To get started contact us and we'll help you evaluate your options.
In many cases, you may be able to use the equipment you already own. Otherwise we have a variety of terminals that we can offer you.
Because each of our customers has unique needs, our processing services are customized according to the specifics of their business. Pricing is based on factors such as type of industry, method in which payments are accepted, card types accepted and a number of other variables.
I want to start conducting transactions over the Internet. Do I need to set up a new account or can I just use my existing account?
If you're already a OPS merchant, a separate merchant number will be provided for your online store. Please contact your Sales Representative to handle the add to your account..
The time it takes to establish a merchant account depends on several factors including: completeness of the application submitted, accuracy of the information provided and any required additional paperwork. After your application has been approved, it usually takes just a few hours to establish the actual account.
MasterCard® and Visa® Card Association rules and regulations govern liability with respect to disputed transactions. In general, you, the merchant, are not liable for disputed retail transactions if a card was swiped through a terminal, the cardholder's signature was obtained and an authorization was obtained. When the card is not present at the time of the transaction, the merchant assumes liability for any disputed charges. Such disputes may be reversed depending on the timing and nature of the cardholder claim. OPS provides products and services to help our merchants manage this process efficiently.
OPS offers several online and offline tools to access information about your merchant account. With these tools you can view, download and import account information such as transaction activity, deposits, funding, chargebacks, retrievals and statement information.
Money is deposited in merchants checking account within 48-hours of the batch settlement.
Mail-order and telephone orders. This means your business accepts a majority of credit card sales by mail or telephone.
The answer is "Yes" just like storefront merchants we want to make sure they are a legitimate business. Just extra measures to protect the merchant and buyers.
- Complete Application
- Copy of drivers license or state id of applicant.
- Copy of business license, Retail, and/ or Tax Certificate
- If you're switching from another processor send us at least two or three of your most recent merchant statements.
- If you are a store that accepts food stamps (EBT) we'll need a copy of your certificate with the FNS number otherwise referred to as your account number.
- If you conduct most of your business online or key-enter 50% or more of your sales we'll need additional marketing material such as a flyer, business card, advertisement, and/ or a phone listing.
Your business will have the ability to accept all major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, and other government cards. You'll also have the ability to accept debit cards, atm cards, EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer), and checks.
Merchant accounts are approved based on actual or projected dollar volume. OPS monitors account activity and reserves the right to review accounts at any time should volume be significantly above or below the level represented on the merchant application.